Template Assisted Crystallisation
A well proven development in scale prevention, Template Assisted Crystallisation (TAC), has produced the first effective salt and chemical-free scale prevention technology which is equal in efficiency to ion exchange water softeners and twice as efficient in independent evaluation as electro/magnetic conditioners.
On contact with incoming water, in a catalytic reaction, TAC converts the hardness minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystals which travel downstream in colloidal suspension. The crystals remain in suspension and are either consumed or go to drain.
- A Next Filtration proprietary and patented technology
- A reaction is carried out on a honeycomb structure template
- Forms well ordered micrometric and nanometric structures
- Uses Polymeric Beads with nucleation sites to convert dissolved hardness into microscopic crystals
- Conversion is through a catalytic reaction at the molecular level
- Once crystals grow to the template size, the crystals are released and remain in the water without forming scale
- Operates as a fluidised bed to maximise surface area and effectiveness
- Commercially available for a variety of flow rates
2013 Evaluation Using DVGW-W512 Test Protocol
The graph above and the table below are taken from 2013 independent evaluation using the German DVGW-W512 testing protocol. It is clear that Scale Stop TAC technology was the most efficient at reducing scale over the whole range of water qualities tested. In this evaluation, ion exchange (IX) was also tested, which gives a true comparison of IX to alternative devices and technologies under exactly the same conditions. The graph shows that both TAC and IX had the highest effiency, with TAC performing better than IX.
At the lowest challenge (TDS 479 and CaC03 180) TAC had an effiency of 99.6% and at the highest challenge (TDS 1200 and CaC03 500) 90% effiency. In all water samples, other alternative devices (water conditioners) only achieved 50% and below, with electro/magnetic being the worst.
TAC is exceptionally efficient, it saves money, saves water and does not harm the enviroment.
The evidence shows that Scale Stop TAC is equally as efficient as ion exchange water softners at preventing the formation of scale, and has the added benefits of no salt use, no water waste from regeneration, and importantly, no harmfull brine discharge into drains, groundwater and the wider environment.